- Career Level Executive
- Experience Fresh
- Qualifications Certificate
You are perfect for us if you are:
An experienced marketing manager who has experience launching a product in the consumer space. You are highly organized, able to work independently with a lot of responsibility, and work well with a team. You are looking for an opportunity to be an influential part of a small team and build an exciting new consumer brand from the ground up.
Lumos is seeking a Marketing Manager. This person will work closely with the founders of the company to manage all aspects of our marketing activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Crafting and executing our channel and promotion strategies (digital and offline), using creative ways to find new customers and grow our revenue
- Develop creative and compelling ways to tell our story and build our brand
- Manage and lead the marketing team
Note that given the very early stage of the company that we are in, a high degree of adaptability is expected and required for this role. We are constantly learning new things and adapting our strategy and activities accordingly. Indeed, we see this as one of our key competitive advantages over the incumbents as it will allow us to try many more things and move much quicker than our competitors.
As such we expect this person to only look at this job description as a guideline. With just a handful of people in our company, we eschew roles and seek people willing and able to ignore job descriptions. Everyone’s job at Lumos is to do anything and everything we can to make it a success and meet our company goals regardless of our “jobs.”
- 3 – 4 years of professional experience as a marketing manager at a consumer brand or agency, or business analyst/associate at a consulting firm.
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and able to work independently. You’ll be given a series of goals and a budget and be expected to figure the rest out on your own.
- Balanced between being a “thinker-planner” and “doer”. You are a creative strategic thinker able to develop ideas for marketing strategies and campaigns, and can also get your hands dirty to get things done yourself.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experienced being a bike commuter in an American or European city at some point in their life. Passion for bikes is a huge plus.
- Detail oriented and organized. You’re a pro at managing and prioritizing the workload for yourself and your team.
- Interest in startups, entrepreneurship, and building things from the ground up