- Career Level Executive
- Experience Fresh
- Qualifications Certificate
Upstack Studio specialises in product design and development. We focus on building beautiful web and mobile applications for our clients. We are looking for talented, self-driven and hardworking developers to join our young and dynamic team in Kuala Lumpur.
Working with us as a Developer, you will become a part of an open-minded, thirsty for knowledge and proactive team, who enjoys working on interesting projects that require us to step out of our comfort zone.
We’re not interested in dull work with no excitements nor challenges. We’re ambitious and we choose projects that bring our skills to the next level. And we want you to enjoy your work here as much as we do.
Our team works in a relaxed and educational environment. We use the latest technologies and embrace agile philosophies. Everything we do is predicated on having a great team and a culture of continuous learning.
We welcome any talented developers regardless of your formal education. University degree is not a requirement.
- Develop web applications with Ruby on Rails based on designs and wireframes
- Design and build APIs
- Work on bug fixing, code refactoring and improving application performance
- Practice writing clean and maintainable codes according to best practices
- Contribute to an agile team that solves complex challenges and builds quality software
- Collaborate with design team by providing inputs and suggestions on the feasibility to their designs
- Contribute towards the overall learning experience of the team
- Communicate with clients to understand their requirements and preferences
- Malaysian citizen
- 2 years experience in building Ruby on Rails applications
- Good communication skills and a strong command of spoken and written English
- Appreciate great design and craftsmanship
- Detail-oriented with eyes sensitive to the aesthetics of UI layout
- Highly motivated team player comfortable with communicating your thought process
- Able to see from the client’s perspective and give apt suggestions on how to improve products
- Thirst for knowledge and challenges
- Include “ROR-US-2019” somewhere in your application so that we know you’ve actually read this.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge in: Bootstrap, Foundation, GraphQL
- Experience working in an agile team
- Understand the importance of Unit Testing and Integration Testing