- Career Level Executive
- Experience Fresh
- Qualifications Certificate
You are perfect for us if you are:
A creative thinker and problem solver, passionate to make world class products, an exceptional communicator, a team player, with proven ability to influence others without formal authority high energy, strong work discipline, action-oriented, organised, detail-oriented yet able to always see the “big picture”, able to work autonomously in a fast-pace start-up environment.
- Take full ownership for the development of a product (either a helmet or other cycling accessory) from concept through production.
- Be the voice for the user to ensure that the products we develop are truly designed around their needs.
- Serve as a bridge between users, internal company stakeholders, and the factory to ensure that we build the best product possible.
- Develop detailed product requirements and spec documents, run product demos and user tests, work closely with our designers, engineers, and manufacturing partners on a day to day basis.
Note that given the very early stage of the company that we are in, a high degree of adaptability is expected and required for this role. We are constantly learning new things and adapting our strategy and activities accordingly. Indeed, we see this as one of our key competitive advantages over the incumbent as it will allow us to try many more things and move much quicker than our competitors.
As such we expect this person to only look at this job description as a guideline. With just a handful of people in our company, we eschew roles and seek people willing and able to ignore job descriptions. Everyone’s job at Lumos is to do anything and everything we can to make it a success and meet our company goals regardless of our “jobs.”
- Degree in an engineering, design or related field
- Familiarity with some CAD software
- Must be willing to travel extensively (Mainly to Shenzhen, China)
- Must have proficiency in English and Mandarin (written & spoken)
- 1-3 years’ experience with developing electronic products