- Career Level Executive
- Experience Fresh
- Qualifications Certificate
UI designer who will be responsible for creating great websites, mobile apps and possibly digital related items for internal product and client project. Primary duties include support the teams and deliver the completed design on time, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our clients’ branding.
- High-fidelity mockups: detailed and polished screen designs that show exactly how the app or website will look in use.
- Prototyping: a clickable, end-to-end journey of the mockups, that allows users to test the experience of moving between screens.
- Development of a modular design system: a library of user interface components that can be re-used to create more screens and features in the future.
- Branding elements: Elements of brand design for the digital product (but not usually for the company). For example, the UI designer might create the logo for an app, or develop a color palette and set of font choices for the project that complement existing brand guidelines.
- Visual language: development of visual language for the UI, including icons, illustrations, and photo treatments. These might be designed from scratch, or they might be selected from a library of native OS icons or stock graphics.
- UI layout optimization: the UI designer might receive low fidelity wireframes at the start of the project, and propose optimizations—for example, making buttons positions more consistent between screens.
- Collaborate with other department to manage company reputation and increase reach.
- Be able to gauge the time needed to complete a task and ensure timely delivery.
- At least 2 years commercial experience as a designer working on (preferably) digital designs, creating interfaces, digital experiences, or applications.
- Energy, a sense of humor and an open and curious mind (yes, these things really do matter).
- An eye for design, a good understanding of the importance of typography and layout accompanied by basic design skills, including composition, grids, typography, and color theory.
- Strong conceptually lead thinking and well-versed in collaborative ways of working.
- Capable of identifying key insights applicable to creative concepts and incorporates research into creative work. Spots potential problems and works toward solutions.
- A good portfolio of work, showcasing a selection of digital design projects.
- Proficiency in Design and Prototyping software. E.g. Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe XD.
- Work independently and in a team, to take on direction and deliver effectively.