- Career Level Student
- Experience Less Than 1 Year
- Qualifications Bachelors' degree
Role: UX/UI Design Intern
Location: preferably Malaysia, but open to remote working
Duration: at least 3 months
Are you looking for employment opportunities in new and exciting fields? Our start-up is looking for great UX UI interns to add to the teams. You will be creating our Minimum Viable Product with us. We are a diverse team based in Malaysia, Hong Kong and India.
Application link: https://forms.gle/BfH7UgR1MLsQNvZD9
- Work with founders and developers to conceptualize and prototype UI/UX solutions of web platform from the user’s perspective
- Understand platform design guidelines and generate professional digital output that is usable, compliant, facilitating the development
- Craft design solutions with functional, logical and interactive insights
- Be involved in end-user research to analyse user behaviour and characteristics;
- Create UI designs and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the website/app functions and looks like
- Preparing and presenting your work to related teams and/or key stakeholders at checkpoints throughout the design process;
- Iterating on feedback and continually improve on the designs;
- Supporting engineers in translating and implementing your designs.
- Create prototypes for new feature / ideas
- Designing app pages, features, buttons, layouts, etc
- Designing email templates
- Designing marketing or promotional material
- Converting design files into ones suited for back-end developers
- Understand UX design principles (usability, user interactions etc.), core design methods (sketching, wireframing, user flow mapping, etc.), and user research methodologies;
- Possess strong understanding of web design, mobile, ecommerce related user experience
- Able to handle end to end design process from user personas, information architecture, wireframe layout, visual design mood boarding, and template development/testing (mobile and platform compatibility) while maintaining optimal performance time.
- Proficient in at least two mainstream design and collaboration tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Experience Design, Adobe Photoshop, inVisionApp, Flinto, etc)
- Able to work under a tight timeline and multi-task
- Strategic, mature thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Broadly curious; we’re an early-stage start-up and have a bias for generalists
- A self-starter and resourceful learner
Last year of Diploma/Degree in Creative Design, Graphic Design or related
SmartComp provides current compensation data and predictive salary recommendations to employers and HR professionals. Our SaaS-based platform automatically imports data from a company’s HR system, matches jobs to benchmark roles using AI and uses predictive analytics to make salary recommendations.
To make high quality compensation decisions, employers need to know what their current and prospective staff could be earning elsewhere. Traditional salary surveys take weeks of administrative effort to complete and months of waiting to receive. Annual survey data is eighteen months old by the time a new update is published, but decision makers need more recent salary data to recruit and retain the best talent, while also scaling down the manual effort to obtain and use the data.
SmartComp provides fresh benchmark data 365 days per year, while capturing job nuances to the skill level and its predictive analytics engine goes beyond static benchmarks and manual salary recommendations by providing proactive alerts when compensation changes are recommended in line with the company’s compensation philosophy.
SmartComp was one of the finalists in the Global New Venture Challenge 2020 at the University of Chicago Booth of Business.